For a few brief moments, there was peace as the battle faded into the distance, she looked around the remains of the building, which had once housed happy children of any town USA, before politics, demagoguery, and all-around hatred, driven home by media sensationalism caused an unrepairable rift in the country. She thought of thoseContinue reading “A Passing of the Quiet”
This digital art (because what else would it be) started because I was listening to the song of the same name by the Mission UK, off their Carved in Sand Album. Extrapolating from there, I looked up the idiom, butterfly on a wheel, and found that it originated from Alexander Pope’s 1735 poem “Epistle toContinue reading “Butterfly on a Wheel”
This digital artwork originated while I was listening to Amiri Baraka’s “Who Will Survive America?” Although the song originated in the heights of the 1960’s Black Power movement and kind of has race-war overtones, the heart of it is that only those who are not racist will survive the country. P.s. the dude is anContinue reading “Who Will Survive America?”
A digital painting for our times. The subject can be anyone in modern America, a veteran, someone with PTSD like a victim of sexual assault, someone financially ruined by medical bills or loss of a job, or a victim of mental health issues or addiction. Homelessness is not discriminatory, it can affect anyone with redContinue reading “Abandoned America”
Paint for your era, they say, and don’t take the excuse that ours is an era of decline. Not a top-hat to be seen anywhere. so I’m painting for my era, digitally, because digital artists are still artists. But enough foreplay, this is a portrait of our generation. Each element is carefully chosen.
As we head towards a dystopian future where the rich 1% keep the rest of us (the 99%) fighting each other over political and social ideals, while they cart-off the peoples resources under the guise of public service – oh, wait, it’s already happening. Uh, okay then. I decided to get a little more grittyContinue reading “Dreams of the 99 Percent”
Znamya had no interest in getting involved in the partisan wars raging through the once peaceful land. Traveller after traveller came and went, unable to convince the giant to intercede in the affairs of of the little people. He had retreated to the outer lands as reactionaries spilled into public squares, each accusing the otherContinue reading “Disinclination”